Pages

Ads 468x60px

Friday, June 24, 2011

Merry Sweet Chili Garlic Mussels

Last December, a PR friend who handles Hunt's Tomato products emailed me a couple of recipes for Christmas. I tried my hand at cooking the second one for New Year's Eve and it was a hit with the family.

I didn't cook the dish again in recent months because I haven't had time to go to the wet market and look for mussels. The ones sold at the supermarket are sometimes exorbitantly expensive and I hate paying for something that I can buy at half the price somewhere else.

Late this afternoon, I chanced upon a vendor selling mussels near the entrance of our village. At P45 per kilo, that is certainly affordable. So I bought a kilo of the shellfish plus the needed ingredients and cooked them for dinner.


Now the kids want me to cook the same thing again tomorrow. I hope the vendor has more mussels to sell. Check out the recipe for Merry Sweet Chili Garlic Mussels here.

0 comments: